The Home Shows are held in the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre, Merivale Street, South Bank. A modern, fully air-conditioned venue, you can also enjoy several lunch cafes and coffee bars.
We recommend using public transport to avoid traffic and parking hassles. Getting to the BCEC by train, bus or ferry is easy! Here are some tips:
Coming by train?
Catching a train is by far the quickest, most convenient way of getting to the Home Show. There are two train stations within a few minutes’ walk of the Exhibition Centre:
• South Brisbane Train Station, the closest to the Exhibition Centre.
• South Bank Train Station, nearby and accessed from Tribune Street.
For all train, bus and ferry timetables to South Bank view translink.com.au
Coming by bus?
The Exhibition Centre is regularly serviced by two bus stations:
• The Cultural Centre Station on Melbourne Street is nearest the Exhibition Centre
• South Bank Busway Station, corner of Colchester and Tribune Streets, South Bank
Coming by ferry?
The river is a popular, speedy way to get to the Home Show. CityCats operate daily from 5.30am to 10.30pm. The South Bank to Ferry Terminal is a short walk to the Exhibition Centre.
Need to drive?
The Exhibition Centre provides LIMITED undercover parking for visitors, with direct lift access to the Home Show. Find out more about BCEC undercover parking here. When this Car Park fills, there are six other Car Parks surrounding the venue. There are car parking indicator boards located at Southbank precinct entrance points which indicate parking spot availability in area car parks including BCEC. View Transport/Car Parks Map here.
Cheapest weekend parking:
• The Myer Centre Car Park in the city for just $10 all day, then just walk across Victoria Bridge to the Exhibition Centre.
• Secure Parking – SW1 Car Park (Enter Cordelia or Merivale Streets) – directly opposite the Convention Centre. Receive special discount rates when you pre-book your parking. Find out rates & more info here.